Towns and cities across the UK are experiencing issues with crime and anti-social behaviour, this can lead to demoralised staff, businesses closing, empty buildings and a negative image of an area
The Lodge BID Community team’s primary delivery focus is to create places that are pleasant to work in – and to visit, reducing criminality, in support of the Police and improving area perception
“We look to make locations great places to visit, a pleasant experience – increasing your visitor numbers and area prosperity”
Buying behaviours, consumer desire, ever increasing labour costs, and violence against colleagues, all put huge pressure on operations. However, it’s not just retailers that face suffering, other business sectors both in the day and night time economies are directly impacted. With Police pressures at their peak, we as a service providers, businesses and residents have a duty in supporting and protecting our community. As you know as a BID operator, it’s imperative to have safety and security initiatives as a priority for the community it serves.
To support the safety and security initiatives of a BID, we have modelled an intelligence and risk led partnership strategy that moves away from a traditional security service and supports BIDS and business leads in target hardening offenders and those brining harm to our communities.
Our vision is to deliver a fluid and flexible operating model supported by the local BCRP’s and NBCS, which targets deployment against risk, manages spend and delivers true ROI for any BID or Ranger service. The model not only evolves security deployments but dynamically amends location risk profiles. This supports feasibility processes, new location assessments, investment, and deployment of new technology in accordance with a customer-led specification.
As part of the wider strategy, the very basics of operating a BID wide radio link, civil exclusion scheme, a dedicated street warden team, and a secure database of offenders will be implemented to help promote community safety whilst reducing vulnerability to businesses in the community.
What is a Business Improvement District?
Business Improvement Districts (BID`s) are business-led and funded to improve commercial areas.
There are many benefits, including:
- Representation, a joined-up voice on the issues affecting their area.
- Ring-fenced money for exclusive use by Levy payers in that BID area.
- A BID creates a clear focus, reporting and managing crime, relationship building with Security partners and Police.
- Enables full control and implementation of what area business wants.
- Improves the area, increases visitor footfall, spend and economic prosperity.
- Positive business users and staff retention.
- Joined up marketing and promotion.
- Volume purchasing power.
- Advice in place management, shaping area vision and activities as one.
- Networking opportunities with neighbouring businesses.
- Effective partnership with Councils, Police and other stakeholders.
Your Trusted Security Partner – 100 Years’ Experience
Lodge Service is one of the top security companies in the UK. We have unrivalled experience since our formation in 1919 and you can benefit from this today.
Lodge Security Limited is an NSI (National Security Inspectorate) Guarding Gold accredited organisation